from acute migraine attacks
with or without aura
What is Imigran FDT used for?
Imigran FDT is used to help relieve the painful symptoms of migraine which can include:
- Severe throbbing headaches
- Nausea or vomiting
- Sensitivity to sound, light, smell
Imigran FDT does not prevent migraine attacks or reduce the number of headaches you have, but when taken at the first sign of a migraine headache, Imigran FDT can help ease the symptoms of migraine.
What is the Active Ingredient in Imigran® Migraine tablets?
Imigran® Migraine contains the active ingredient sumatriptan succinate. This medicine belongs to a group of medications called serotonin agonists.
– Triptans have been shown to be one of the most effective ways to treat migraine
– Sumatriptan was the first triptan and specifically developed for people with migraine
How should I take Imigran® Migraine?
Imigran® Migraine tablets should be swallowed whole with water. Do not crush or chew the tablet.
When should I take Imigran® Migraine?
It is best to take your Imigran® Migraine tablet:
- When your migraine headache begins or
- When other symptoms of your migraine begin, such as nausea (feeling sick), vomiting or your eyes becoming sensitive to light.
If you take your tablet later during the migraine attack it can still work for you.
Do NOT take your Imigran® Migraine tablet before the above symptoms occur.
What is the recommended dosage?
The recommended starting dose for adults is one 50 mg tablet.
If the first Imigran® Migraine tablet helps your migraine, but the migraine comes back later, you may take another Imigran® Migraine tablet. Do not take more than 100mg (2 tablets) in any 24 hour period
You may take your usual headache relief medication provided it does not contain ergotamine or methysergide. If you are not sure what to do, ask your doctor or pharmacist.
Do NOT take more Imigran® Migraine tablets, if the first dose did not provide any relief from your symptoms.